by Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN
Author, Eating for Energy
It's one thing to eat well at home, it's another to eat well while at work, isn'it? After all, you do want to know how to eat energy foods while at work, right? Well, that's what I'll be sharing with you in this article.
But first, let's determine what eating well at work boils down to. Are you ready? PREPARATION!
You see, most of us know how to eat well but why is that so few of us actually put this knowledge into practice? Well, part of the problem is simply a lack of preparation. When you are not prepared with energy foods then it's easier to just grab whatever is most convenient. And if that means food court foods (as it is for a lot businesses) then your food options are simply far too limited and dangerous to your health!
So the goal is to prepare your meals and snacks ahead of time. I don't necessarily mean that you have to prepare the actual meal itself but instead I mean PLAN your weekly meals and snacks so that you know exactly what to eat and when to eat it. Doing so, will then help you prepare those meals and give you some peace of mind because you'll know that you've got a schedule or plan to follow.
In fact, eating healthy energy foods at work is similar to working out. When you go to the gym, if you don't have a plan of what you're going to do, you're pretty much wasting your time. You won't be focused as your workout routine will lack structure and it will be easier to give up when the going gets tough.
The simple act of writing things down can transform your life!
To eat healthy at work all you have to do is follow this simple 3 step approach:
1. Write down your meals and snacks for the upcoming week. Doing so will get your mind and body programmed for what it needs to do to make this a reality. You will be creating a plan, which is probably the most important step considering that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail, as the saying goes.
2. Shop for your healthy energy foods ahead of time. If you work Monday to Friday, why not take the weekend to get most of your groceries? You can probably get 80-90% of what you'll need for the week in one shot. Just look to the meals and snacks you wrote down in step 1 so that you know which ingredients you'll need to get.
3. Prepare your meals and snacks ahead of time. Again, you can do this on the weekend and in many cases the night before, or morning of, going to work. Get your meals made, store them in the tupperware and you're all set to go. If you have a fridge at work, then that's even better because you'll able to store more fresh foods and produce there and have easy access to them throughout the day.
To help you get started, here is a list of some my favourite energizing foods that can you take to the office:
So there you go. I hope you find these tips helpful in helping you eat more energizing foods while you're work. Remember, preparation is key!
Sign Up For Your FREE 6-Part "Energy Secrets" e-Course!
Want to Lose Weight and Have More Energy? Discover What You've Been Missing!
1. Get instant access to our 6-part e-course called the "Energy Secrets". Every day (over the next week) you will receive a new and mind-blowing lesson about how the foods you're currently eating are keeping you fat, making you sick, and draining your energy, as well as, strateiges you can use to lose weight, keep your body energized, and as healthy as possible.
2. You will also receive a FREE subscription to our bi-weekly Liv Well email newsletter where you'll discover tools and strategies to living your healthiest, fittest, and most energetic life ever!!!
Simply enter your name and email address below and I will immediately send you your 2 FREE gifts.
All these gifts are yours FREE as a Thank You for visiting our website.
Your name and email will never be shared with anyone else!
Copyright 2007-2009 Total Wellness Consulting
PH4 - 363 Sorauren Ave. | Toronto, ON M6R 3C1
Raw Food Diet, Weight Loss, Eating for Energy