by Yuri Elkaim, BPHE, CK, RHN
Author, Eating for Energy
Have you ever wondered why certain people rarely get sick, look younger than they really are, have glowing skin, and seem to have boundless energy?
Well, their secret lies in what they do and do not eat!
The foods you put into your body ultimately determines how you look, feel, and function. Most people attribute getting sick or lacking energy to “external” factors such as the latest “bug” or the aging process, respectively, but fail to realize that what’s happening inside their body at a cellular level is much more important.
Your body (your blood specifically) is constantly working to maintain a slightly alkaline pH in order to function properly. When this pH gets out of balance (ie. becomes acidic), your energy is depleted, you more readily pack on weight, and you experience problems such as fatigue, stress, depression, and various diseases.
Unfortunately, the modern Western lifestyle and diet has led most people to live in an overly acidic state. This has led to numerous health problems.
Ideally, we should be following a healthy diet that is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. Obviously, this is not the case for most people. In fact, it’s the complete opposite. Unfortunately, our society enjoys the most acid forming foods such as milk and dairy products, meat and animal products, and refined grains. At the same time, the vast majority of North Americans consume less than the recommended amount of alkalizing fruits and vegetables.
The following are just two of the numerous consequences of eating a nutrient void, acid-forming diet.
When your blood becomes too acidic, your body goes to great lengths to protect its vital organs and tisues by storing the excess acid into your fat cells. More acid, means more storage needed. Therefore, your fat stores grow in size to accommodate the extra acid.
To lose weight for good, then, you should adopt an alkaline diet that will cleanse your body of acid.
Alkalinity increases the oxygen in your body. The Nobel Prize winning work (1931) of Dr. Otto Warburg showed that cells weaken, mutate, or die in the absence of oxygen. Several years later, 2-time Nobel Prize winner Dr. Linus Pauling was the first to show that cancer cells are unable grow in an oxygen-rich, alkaline environment.
When your body is alkaline, you create an environment for it to thrive, to feel energized, and to prevent disease.
1. Minimize your intake of acid-forming foods such as refined sugars, dairy, meat, and most other animal products.
2. Eat more greens. Green vegetables are your greatest source of alkalinity!
Challenge yourself to eat one green salad and/or one green juice each day. After just a few days, see how you look and feel! Some ideas include wheat or barley grass shots, and fresh juice made from kale, parsley, celery, cucumber, apple, lemon, and ginger.
3. Start your day with a glass of lemon water. Contrary to what you might think, lemon is actually alkalizing once metabolized. Adding fresh-squeezed lemon to a tall glass of water is one of the easiest ways to immediately add alkalinity to your body.
Sign Up For Your FREE 6-Part "Energy Secrets" e-Course!
Want to Lose Weight and Have More Energy? Discover What You've Been Missing!
1. Get instant access to our 6-part e-course called the "Energy Secrets". Every day (over the next week) you will receive a new and mind-blowing lesson about how the foods you're currently eating are keeping you fat, making you sick, and draining your energy, as well as, strateiges you can use to lose weight, keep your body energized, and as healthy as possible.
2. You will also receive a FREE subscription to our bi-weekly Liv Well email newsletter where you'll discover tools and strategies to living your healthiest, fittest, and most energetic life ever!!!
Simply enter your name and email address below and I will immediately send you your 2 FREE gifts.
All these gifts are yours FREE as a Thank You for visiting our website.
Your name and email will never be shared with anyone else!
Copyright 2007-2009 Total Wellness Consulting
PH4 - 363 Sorauren Ave. | Toronto, ON M6R 3C1
Raw Food Diet, Weight Loss, Eating for Energy